Aches and pains, a regular part of life for most of us, but what if your discomfort is far beyond the norm. The type of pain that prevents you from sticking to your busy schedule or drastically impacts your quality of life.
Roughly 11% of all Americans use prescription painkillers, which are known to be addictive and dangerous in some way. Whether you suffer from acute or chronic pain, natural methods can effectively ensure your ability to live your life as usual.
CBD flower or CBD hemp flower is finally being recognized as the better alternative to traditional painkillers. Its rising popularity shows that more Americans are turning away from prescription medication and finding CBD hemp flower the best choice.
How We Finalized our Best CBD Hemp Flower Products List
When creating our list, we first built a list of top-selling or popular CBD flower brands on the market. As a testament to the rising popularity of CBD products, our list extended into the hundreds.
We then carefully divided into each brand, checking customer reviews, the process for sourcing, and the formulation of each product.
After gradually removing brand after brand from our list, we roughly halved the contenders based on our strict quality standards.
We then slimmed down the list by checking documented input from CBD experts, journalists and searching for additional information from consumers of each product.
We finally managed to narrow it down until we were left with only 5 brands that we can confidently say are the best options for hemp flower products.
Here’s what we looked for:
- The products’ effectiveness in offering relief for sleep-related issues, pain or discomfort, or other conditions.
- The type of extract used by the brand for its edibles and the process in preparing these.
- THC levels of each of the products.
- Whether products had lab testing and are the brands transparent about the results.
- Availability of dosage and usage instructions for customers.
- If the brand offers more information about CBD and how it works to educate those who are new to CBD flowers.
After taking into account all these factors, we can present you with this shortlist of the 5 best CBD hemp flower products.
Top 5 CBD Brands To Buy CBD Flowers Online
- Exhale Wellness: Overall Best CBD Hemp Flower Strains
- BudPop: Top shelf CBD rich hemp flower
- Cheef Botanicals: High Quality Organic Hemp Flowers
- Hollyweed CBD: Most Popular CBD Hemp Flowers With Therapeutic Benefits
#1. Exhale Wellness: Overall Best CBD Hemp Flower Strains
Exhale Wellness is well known for incorporating CBD into various products for multiple uses. With years of experimentation and innovation within the CBD space, they are becoming one of the leaders in offering solutions to people with many problems. All of their products are safe, organic, and produced, with wellness being the main focus.
Environmentally safe procedures and processes are at the forefront of what they believe in.
CBD American Shaman also believes in giving back. Anyone who falls into the 40% of the American population suffering from disabilities or chronic illnesses can avail of a 30% discount on any product they choose under Exhale Wellness Compassionate Care Program.
With what could be the largest network of hemp cultivators and industry connections in the United States, their foothold in the cultivation industry is unrivaled.
Exhale Wellness has introduced nanotechnology to increase product bioavailability and ensure terpene-rich products that are also high in CBD. With some of the most intensive lab testing in the US, CBD American Shaman also makes lab results available for customers to view online. With micro-farming practices in place, they outsource farming to Kentucky and Colorado.
The US Hemp Authority certified all Exhale Wellness products for product safety and quality standards. Their website is welcoming and has a professional and easy-to-use layout. All the product information is laid out in a straightforward and understandable way, and the search bar offers a speedy route to the product you are looking for.
Customer service is astounding, as could be expected from a brand that cares, and there are quite a few offers on their website. Offering a small donation to a worthy cause can even net you a decent discount on your next order. A 30-day return and 45-day money-back guarantee are offered, which also reflects the brand’s approach to people.
Exhale Wellness Highlights:
- Focus on CBG: One of the first brands to focus on the inclusion of CBG and CBC and the benefits they hold when used with CBD.
- Caring about the community: Exhale Wellness makes a concerted effort to give back to the community and help those in need.
Exhale Wellness Best CBD Flowers:
- CBG Jack Frost Flower: High in CBG, which pairs with CBD to ensure you stay energetic after use. CBGa milligrams per gram are 145.1 mg, and CBC is 4.2 mg a gram. Low in THC at 1.7 mg in a gram
- CBG John Snow Flower: Known for its energetic effects, this strain is 20.785% CBG. Very little THC is at 0.166% by weight.
- CBG Lemon Cream Diesel Flower: With a distinct lemon aroma, using this hemp flower is a sensory delight. The CBG content by weight is 15.284%. This strain is extremely low in THC, which makes up only 0.127% of the flower.
- They love to innovate and always have unique but high-quality products.
- 100% organic
- Tons of product options
- 45-day Money-back guarantee
- 30% discount for individuals with serious illnesses
- Some inconsistencies on their website
- Less affordable product
#2. BudPop: Top shelf CBD rich hemp flower
BudPop may be relatively new to the CBD flower space, but it is obvious that they have what it takes to outdo even the most seasoned brands. With a combined experience of over 30 years in the industry, the founders of BudPop know how to grow hemp effectively and turn it into impressive products.
BudPop has a limited number of products available, but the quality of their product is tough to beat. Their edible options made from All-American CBD or hemp flowers are perfect for helping you relax. All of their products are non-GMO and have undergone stringent lab testing to ensure only safe, and high-quality products are offered to BudPop’s customers.
BudPop’s reputation for transparent business policies is growing, and they make all third-party lab results available to customers. Their customer service is excellent and will take care of you in a way that is difficult to replicate.
Both variants offer a clean, controlled high, and the effects are fast-acting. Mostly used for smoking or vaping due to the convenience of these methods, some users are mixing CBD flowers with food to create edibles.
Budpop also offers gummies made with CBD flower extract. One common trend we noticed in all user reviews was the number of positive comments by users mentioning the flavor or BudPop’s products.
The flavor of these products depends on your needs, and all have been noted to have no hemp aftertaste. BudPop only has two variants of CBD flower available, and both are rapidly growing in popularity. They also have some gummies infused with CBD.
- A wealth of experience among its founders: These guys know what they are doing; there is no doubt about it. With only two options currently available, the only way to go is up. Expect to see new offerings in the CBD flower space from BudPop soon.
- Focused on quality: The limited offerings tell us one thing; these guys know what they are doing and aren’t rushing to release anything of subpar quality.
BudPop’s Best CBD Flower:
BudPop only has two variants of CBD flower available, and both are rapidly growing in popularity:
- Sour Diesel CBD flower is sweet to taste and has a lovely aroma. Sour Diesel is used for increasing energy levels and helps you focus.
- The Northern Lights variant has a deep earthy flavor with a soothing aroma and is renowned for unwinding after a long day at work.
- Mixed Berry for Sleep: CBN is a powerful sedative cannabinoid that works synergistically with CBD to form a powerful and natural sleep aid. (How to use: take 1-2 gummies, every 6 hours or as desired)
- Orange flavor for Recovery: good for pain relief. CBD and CBG work synergistically to manage and relieve aches and pains. Turmeric and black pepper combined with CBG provide anti-inflammatory and digestion benefits. (How to use: take 1 gummy, every 6 hours or as desired)
- Mixed Berry for Calm: excellent for relieving stress and anxiety. CBD and Ashwagandha join forces to promote calmness, increase energy, and improve focus. (How to use: take 1-2 gummies, every 6 hours or as desired)
- They also offer strawberry gelato, and blueberry dream flavored Delta 8 Gummies. Users describe a slightly euphoric feeling, and the flavorful gummies have an incredible potency with long-lasting effects.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Vegan edibles are available
- Fast and free shipping
- 100% US grown product
- Organic and non-GMO
- Up to 12-month shelf life
- Limited amount of products
- Edibles contain artificial coloring
- Illegal in states where it’s not FDA approved: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, Rhode Island, and Utah.
#3. Cheef Botanicals: High Quality Organic Hemp Flowers
Looking for a brand that does things right? Cheef Botanicals is one of them. They have a plethora of product options, and their smokable hemp flower products have been perfected. They are clear with what to expect from each and transparent with lab testing results or findings.
You are spoiled for choice and based on the number of options available to you, it is clear they have gone all out in sourcing the best CBD flower for you.
Cheef botanicals are in California, but their team of experts has sourced only the best product from Colorado to ensure quality. Users’ reviews specifically around their CBD flower strain products are excellent, with negative reviews only about their vape products, products they have decided they will no longer stock.
Some users have described their product flavors as intense, but the products work well and take effect quickly. As can be expected, different variants of hemp flowers have different effects, but users are satisfied.
Cheef Botanicals have impressive offers, and their range of CBD hemp flowers includes small bud offerings for those on a tight budget. You can even find tips on keeping your CBD flower fresh on their website, so the quality of your flower won’t fade over time.
Highlights of Cheef Botanicals:
- Spoiled for choice: Their website offers the largest variety of CBD Flowers available, and with that much choice, you are bound to find one that is perfect for you.
- Potency is key: Cheef Botanicals offer some of the most potent cannabis Flower out there. So, for someone who needs greater relief, they are almost sure to have the solution.
Cheef Botanicals’ Best CBD Flower:
- Ceiba Fox CBD Flower: This strain provides energetic effects, an uplifting strain that helps you get going. It has a sour flavor with hints of citrus and pine and is sourced from Oregon. Total CBD: 12.91% / Delta 9 THC: 0.02%
- Northern Lights: This is a legend of cannabis culture, perfect for those with physically demanding schedules and known for treating discomfort. Extremely pungent with a sweet yet spicy aroma, its flavor is earthy and smooth. Total CBD – 20.73%
- Cookies: A favorite among modern-day cannabis users, this hybrid strain offers the perfect option for those who need to relax both body and mind. It has a hint of sweetness, with a slight earthiness in its taste and a nutty aroma to complement it.
- Hawaiian Haze: Despite its earthy appearance, this strain is uplifting and perfect for those keen on socializing. Smooth and floral in flavor, it refreshes and vitalizes you.
- Durban Diesel: A hybrid of Sour Diesel and Durban Poison, this strain is sweet and sour and provides a perfect anytime option. It keeps you clear headed and feeling fine.
- Cheef Botanicals offers some brilliant products, sources from all over the US to ensure the widest range of options that anyone can benefit from. What they lack in packaging flair, they make up for in quality. With anywhere from mild to strong flavor profiles, their CBD flower products provide an effective solution for those seeking anything from stress relief to full-body relaxation.
- Products offer extreme relief
- Variety of choices
- All strains are sourced in the US
- Extremely Potent and quick working.
- Flavors can be too strong
- Packaging is unattractive
#4. Hollyweed CBD: Most Popular CBD Hemp Flowers With Therapeutic Benefits
Hollyweed CBD offers various CBD flower strains, all grown with the intent of enhancing your wellness with a wide range of potency. One advantage Hollyweed CBD has over the rest of the industry is its varying arrangements of CBD strains, an area in which they are unmatched.
Operating out of a farm focused on producing extremely concentrated CBD flower strains, other brands are even using their flowers for producing vape options. They do not use any form of synthetic spray, fertilizer, or pesticides in a completely organic setup.
The folks at Hollyweed CBD have tirelessly worked to produce products with the highest purity and rich in terpenes. All their products are clearly labeled with the purity of each strain. You get transparency and full disclosure for each strain on their website, which means making a decision becomes much easier.
Customer service is also ready and willing to assist with any questions you may have. All products come in glass jars, ensuring you seal the freshness in, and your flower has a longer shelf life. Customer reviews appear good, with positive comments regarding freshness and aroma being common. The brand seems well-loved by all, as quality and affordability meet for a fantastic product.
Hollyweed CBD Highlights:
- Longer Shelf Life: With the methods and packaging provided by Hollyweed CBD, your CBD flower will maintain freshness for longer periods. This means you can even stock up during sales.
- Pocket Friendly: Hollyweed CBD flowers are reasonably priced. Considering the quality you receive, it’s almost a steal.
- Lifter: Tangy lemonade mixed with hints of pine and some earthy undertones. Lifter is perfect for those seeking clarity and a relaxed feeling. Percentage Levels: – 18%, Delta-9 THC: 0.3%
- Sour Space Candy: One of the most popular strains around, tangy, citrus flavor with an earthy aroma. This is perfect for those seeking upliftment, relief from physical tension, and a calming mental effect.
- Skywalker OG – An incredibly potent flower strain. Skywalker OG has a slight spiciness, with infused citrus and pine aromas perfect for those who need mental relaxation.
- Cherry Wine – A smooth strain with a slight hint of cherry flavor, this strain is a powerful relaxant that will leave you feeling peaceful and serene.
- You can select the potency that is right for you.
- Products are purely made in the US
- Transparent about lab testing results
- Customer support is brilliant
- Fast Shipping
- No free shipping options
- No brick-and-mortar store – Online only
Things To Know When Buying CBD Flower
With the rise of CBD flower as one of the most effective ways to treat ailments and increase wellness, the market is rapidly growing. With so many outlandish names of strains, different terms, farming methods, and effects, making a decision of which to buy can be daunting.
Here are some things you should know to make that decision a bit easier:
- Cultivation Location: Not all hemp is of the same high standard as in the United States. With strict guidelines and regulations, US hemp is truly better than anything sourced from overseas.
- THC Levels – THC levels are important in defining what is considered hemp and marijuana. THC is the part of the cannabis plant that makes you high. Although this is a naturally occurring component, any CBD products made and sold in the US should have a THC content of lower than 0.3% to be considered legal.
- CBD Isolates, Full or Broad Spectrum – Always strive to find full-spectrum products. These are best, as they have a better effect when interacting in your body.
- Organic is best: Always try to find organic CBD flowers. Any form of chemical pesticide or synthetic fertilizer could have an impact on the quality of the bud and may have side effects for you.
- Lab-testing: Purchasing from brands that are transparent with their lab test results ensures you know exactly what you will get.
- Looks do Matter: Even though you’re only going to grind or burn it, looking at the colors, shape, and textures of a CBD flower can also be a good indicator of its potency.
- There’s more than one way to enjoy a flower: CBD flowers do not necessarily need to be smoked in a pipe. Some people prefer rolling it into a small joint; others prefer water pipes or bongs. You could even use your flower in cooking or baking.
- State and Federal Laws: While CBD flowers are now legal in most states, there is sometimes a contradiction between state and federal laws. This has led to some states being called “gray states.”
Some Benefits of CBD Flowers
1. Terrific Way to Relax
Only a few minutes after smoking a CBD flower you will feel its effects. A calming, soothing effect that can help you a lot when stressed out. Keep in mind; this is not a “high” like you would get from THC. CBD allows you to still function normally but helps you deal with stress.
The many strains of CBD Flower also cater to different needs. There are strains that may make you feel more energetic, strains that help you recover from post-workout pain, strains that relax just your mind, and even those that will completely relax both your body and mind.
2. Medicinal Properties
CBD flower is not merely for battling insomnia. CBD can be an effective anti-inflammatory and is used in various illnesses and disorders, including cancer. CBD could help rid you of a headache and even lower your blood pressure.
There is still a lot of research required to call it an exact science, but all the studies point to CBD having benefits for you. If one considers the lack of side effects with CBD flower usage, it makes sense to consider it an alternative.
3. Addiction and Anxiety
Many CBD users claim that CBD flower has helped them cope with depression, anxiety and even cease panic attacks. This may or may not work for you, but because CBD flower is all-natural, it won’t hurt to try.
CBD Flower has also been introduced in some trials for treating opioids and addiction to legally available drugs, like painkillers. Even cigarette smokers are turning to CBD Flower to stop smoking tobacco products.
4. Rapid Relief
Consuming CBD orally with tinctures means you may need to wait up to 45 minutes before feeling the effects. With CBD flower, you can feel the effects immediately after smoking it. This can be especially helpful to those who experience panic attacks or sudden bouts of pain.
CBD Flower is a far more cost-effective way to reap the benefits of CBD. Many other CBD products require long or complicated processing to extract CBD. This drives up the cost of production and leads to products being more expensive.
The other advantage of using CBD flowers is that you don’t have to worry about using artificial flavors or synthetics. CBD flower is the most natural way to consume CBD.
FAQs About Hemp CBD Flower Strains
Q1: Is CBD Flower Legal in My State?
A: These states have legalized hemp, and you can legally buy hemp products with less than 0.3% THC:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington State, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Some states that do not appear on this list are considered “gray states,” in which the laws are unclear or federal, and state laws are contradictory.
Q2: Can CBD Flower Make Me Fail a Drug Test?
A: Due to the small amount of THC in CBD Flower, it is unlikely you will raise any flags during a drug test. Using an extreme amount of flour in a short period could lead to a positive test. Keep in mind that since CBD use is now legal in most states, most employers would not consider the use of CBD flowers a negative thing.
Q3: Does CBD Flower Expire?
A: CBD Flower typically has a shelf life of 6 months to one year. They will not become toxic, though, but gradually lose potency as time elapses. If you notice mold on your flower, you should probably toss it out and ensure there is as little moisture as possible next time you store it.
When storing your CBD flower, always remember that it should be treated like any other dry food ingredient. Keeping it in a glass jar is a wonderful way to maintain its freshness and potency.
Q4: How Much CBD Flower Should I Smoke a Day?
A: The answer is, it depends. If you are suffering from an occasional illness, then only use it when you are in pain. If you are using it to treat something more severe, it is best to check the dosage recommended by the seller. Using around 1g of CBD Flower a day is normal for most users, and they have not reported any side effects.
Q5: Which Strain of CBD Flower Should I Buy?
A: It is always best to check on the seller’s website. The product description often provides details of what the results you can expect from a particular strain are. You can also talk to the “budtender” at your local dispensary.
They can provide suggestions based on your needs. There are too many strains and crossover strains to keep count of. It is always best to trust an expert but remember your results may differ from others. Experimenting with different strains can help you find the one best suited to you.
Q6: Buying Painkillers from My Local Drugstore Is Cheaper Than Buying CBD Flowers, So What Reason Is There to Use CBD?
A: CBD Flower may seem less affordable when purchasing, but remember, you may only need to use a gram per day to see results. CBD Flowers also have no harmful or addictive chemicals, and there are few known side effects of using CBD Flower.
Unfortunately, most of the medicine you can purchase at your local drugstore has harmful side effects with long-term use, and some may even lead to addiction.
Q7: Is Imported CBD Flower Better?
A: Since CBD Flower has become popular in the US, farmers and companies have worked hard to ensure that all the best strains are available in the US.
The competition in the local industry also ensures that brands are constantly seeking to improve their offerings. Locally grown products are also held to a much higher standard than imported products. You are better off buying local; the quality cannot be beaten.
Q8: Why Are CBD Flowers Better Than CBD Oils?
A: Both have their benefits, but the advantage of using flowers is that the effects can be felt almost immediately. CBD flowers also come with other valuable cannabinoids like CBG, CBC, and CBN. While there is little research surrounding these, two things are certain. They do not have any psychoactive qualities, and they work well with CBD’s benefits.
Q9: What Are the Side Effects of Using CBD Flowers?
A: Some side effects you may experience include a slightly euphoric feeling. Some users complain of a sore throat from inhaling the smoke but did not experience this when switching to a vaporizer or creating edibles with the flower.
There have been reports of people experiencing a mild high, but it was found that these users generally used copious amounts in a short period.
Q10: Do I Have to Smoke CBD Flowers? Is There Any Other Way to Use Them?
A: Smoking CBD flowers is one of many ways to use them. It is the preferred method for most users, as it provides an easy way to yield quick benefits from the effects of CBD. Dry herb vaporizers can be a fantastic way to use CBD flowers without the harsh feeling you get when inhaling smoke.
You can consume them with food, but don’t throw them on a salad. CBD flowers need heat to activate the CBD. Baking with CBD flowers is a superb option.
Q11: I’ve Seen Some Ads for CBD Flowers On Social media. Are These Safe to Buy?
A: As with anything you plan on inhaling or ingesting, you should always ensure you are buying from a reputable source. Keep in mind that any flowers containing more than 0.3% THC are considered marijuana and may be illegal.
You also want to ensure that you are using the best quality CBD Flowers to better reap the benefits. It’s best to purchase from a source with lab results available for you to view.
Q12: Are CBD Flowers Addictive?
A: People are using CBD flowers to overcome other addictions. CBD is a great help in that regard. There are also no added chemicals or addictive substances like you would find in most tobacco products, and the use of CBD flowers helps smokers quit the potentially fatal habit.
Q13: Is Smoking CBD More Expensive Than Using CBD Oils?
A: CBD oil production is complicated and therefore expensive too. CBD flowers are far more cost-effective, which means they are far more affordable than other CBD products.
Q14: Is It Okay to Send CBD Flowers Via Mail?
A: Yes, it is, but be sure you are only having CBD Flower shipped. It must have a THC content of below 0.3%; anything higher can be illegal. Remember, laws can vary from state to state, so it’s always better to order from a reputable brand that knows which guidelines to follow.
Q15: I Have Used Marijuana in The Past and Wasn’t Able To Function Properly. I Felt Sluggish and Couldn’t Focus. Will CBD Flowers Do the Same?
A: The reason you felt that way was due to the THC content found in marijuana. CBD Flower contains only a trace amount of THC and will not have the same effect. If anything, you may notice a slight calming or euphoric effect, but it is nothing like marijuana. Many users of CBD flower work and have active social lives while using.
Q16: Doesn’t CBD Flowers Come from Marijuana Plants?
A: This is another common misconception. CBD Flower comes from hemp plants, which are actually related to marijuana but are not the same. Cannabis is a genus of flowering hemp plants to which both hemp and marijuana belong.
Hemp has a far lower concentration of THC and a higher concentration of CBD, so you get all the benefits without the psychoactive side effects.
Conclusion: Is Consuming CBD Hemp Flower Legal?
As an extremely popular and healthy way to treat pain, discomfort, anxiety, and depression, CBD flowers are rapidly becoming the go-to alternative. We have outlined everything there is to know about CBD Flower and its many benefits, and as studies continue, we expect to find even more positives about it.
We also expect to see an ever-expanding and competitive market as the industry moves forward. Along with this growth, we expect to find even better CBD flower offerings available. With so many options already out there, you are sure to find the right one for you. Visit one of the brands on our list and give CBD Flowers a try today.