HBO renews Nathan Fielder’s essay for a second season
· HBO has renewed Nathan Fielder’s critically acclaimed comedy series THE REHEARSAL for a second season. The season one finale airs tonight on HBO and will be available to stream on HBO Max.
· Logline: THE ESSAY explores how far a man will go to reduce the uncertainties of everyday life. With a construction crew, a legion of actors, and seemingly limitless resources, Fielder allows ordinary people to prepare for life’s biggest moments by “rehearsing” them in carefully crafted simulations of their own design. When a single misstep could shatter your entire world, why leave life to chance?
· A hit with fans and critics alike, IndieWire hailed THE REEARSAL as “HBO’s grand experiment” that achieves “top-notch entertainment,” and Vanity Fair called it “as gripping and strange as life itself.” .
· Amy Gravitt, executive vice president of programming at HBO, quotes: “Nathan has sparked such a lively conversation with THE HEARSAL. We have no idea where Season 2 will take us, and that’s the delight of this show that transcends the limits of a truly unique talent.”
· Season One Credits: Nathan Fielder is executive producer, writer, director and star; Clark Reinking is executive producer (episode 101); Dave Paige is executive producer (episodes 102-106); Christie Smith and Dan McManus are executive producers for Rise Management.