MEDIUM ALERT: “CAPITAL ONE COLLEGE BOWL”
· NBC’s “Capital One College Bowl” begins its second season with back-to-back episodes on Friday, September 9 at 8:00 PM ET/PT.
· Peyton Manning and Cooper Manning face off as the nation’s top colleges and universities in the ultimate battle of the brains. With a wide variety of subjects, teams must work together to test their knowledge in a five-round tournament. The top two schools advance to the finals where they compete for the coveted “Capital One College Bowl” trophy and life-changing scholarship money.
· This season will land with bigger rivalries, impressive shout-outs from celebrity alumni and new rounds of competition. More schools than ever compete, bringing more school spirit, from marching bands to mascots to a live audience cheering them on! Plus, NBC data analyst Steve Kornacki joins the sidelines to break down the numbers behind the matchups.
· The colleges and universities that face each other are:
· State University of Albany
· Brigham Young University
· Duke University
· Morehouse College
· Ohio State University
· Penn State University
· Spelman College
· Syracuse University
· University of California, Santa Barbara
· University of Florida
· University of Georgia
· University of Notre Dame
· University of Oklahoma
· University of Texas at Austin
· University of Washington
· And reigning Season 1 champion Columbia University returns to defend its title
· Capital One will award $1 million in scholarships, providing all competing students from the above institutions with tuition assistance for their participation.
· From Village Roadshow Television and Universal Television Alternative Studio, a division of Universal Studio Group, the series is an update of the Emmy and Peabody Award-winning classic “College Bowl,” which previously aired on NBC in the US and ran for has been part of for decades. of campus life in colleges and universities around the world.
· “Capital One College Bowl” is executive produced by brothers Peyton, Cooper and Eli Manning through Omaha Productions, Richard Reid through Richard Reid Productions, Mark Itkin through his Tough Lamb Media and legendary showrunner Harry Friedman (“Wheel of Fortune”, “Jeopardy”. “).