Hello, neighbors! Al Branch here with a fresh copy of the Monroe Daily.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Monroe? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High: 75 Low: 66.
Here are the top stories today in Monroe:
- Fawn Hollow teacher competes on Food Network’s ‘Outrageous Pumpkins’ (The Monroe Sun)
- New Job Openings In The Monroe Area (Monroe Patch)
- New SCSU Alumni Prez Steps Forward (New Haven Independent)
- R. Stone Co. receives nod to construct two buildings on Enterprise Drive (The Monroe Sun)
- Fire crews extinguish Colony Road blaze near Seymour/Ansonia line (CT Post)
- New exhibits unveil common thread among matrimonies at Ridgefield museum (The Ridgefield Press)
- Weston residents approve sale of 85 acres for open space (Westport News)
Today’s Monroe Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does a lot more than doorbells: check out their full suite of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you Ring for helping to make local news happen in Monroe!
Today in Monroe:
Monroe Patch Notebook
- Monroe Farmers’ Market: “Well, this was a nice site to see this morning ?????. We went on quite a roller coaster ride this weekend, but for every single one of you that dug out your Hotmail, EarthLink and AOL email addresses ?, thank you, thank you, thank …” (Facebook)
- Monroe Farmers’ Market: “Meet this week’s vendor; Oronoque Farms Gift & Bakery! As we roll through fall, ? ? apple crumb pie and apple cider donuts are not only a customer favorite, but seem like a staple for the season. In addition to delicious treats, you ca…” (Facebook)
- Edith Wheeler Memorial Library: “https://themonroesun.com/monro… “It feels a little like coming back home”… Welcome back, Nicole! EWML and the Town of Monroe are so happy to have you back” (Facebook)
- Monroe Farmers’ Market: “Meet this week’s vendor; YUP PUP! This was Allee’s first season at the market – and first year in business offering CBD dog treats to our furry four legged friends. ? ? ? They enjoy getting to teach locals about the benefits of their …” (Facebook)
- Steve Vavrek: “Grilled Leg of Lamb Steak with Garlic Rosemary Herb Butter” (Instagram)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you around. If you’re enjoying these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Al Branch
About me: I am a veteran journalist and Connecticut native with more than 30 years of experience covering municipal governments, education, politics and a host of other topics. A few years ago, I realized how much I missed the world of hyperlocal journalism, and I was fortunate to be hired by Patch in 2013.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Monroe Daily? Reach out anytime to email@example.com.