Happy Tuesday, neighbors! Today, Stonington voters head to the polls, and a man was seriously injured in a crash in Pawcatuck.
First, today’s weather:
Cloudy with a few showers. High: 64 Low: 52.
Here are the top stories in Stonington-Mystic today:
- Referendum on tax abatement, marijuana sales goes to voters in Stonington (The Westerly Sun)
- The Day – Pawcatuck needs a smaller scale development – News from southeastern Connecticut (theday.com)
- The Day – Westerly man seriously injured in Pawcatuck crash – News from southeastern Connecticut (theday.com)
- Mystic Seaport to host first Riverfest celebration this weekend (theday.com)
- First of two suspects in September bar robbery returned to Westerly (The Westerly Sun)
- Police logs: Monday, Oct. 4, 2021 | Police & Courts (The Westerly Sun)
- Connecticut Towns Take Different Approachs to Allowing Marijuana Businesses (CT Examiner)
- Event to celebrate acquisition of North Stonington schoolhouse for affordable housing (theday.com)
Today’s Stonington-Mystic Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does a lot more than doorbells: check out their full suite of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you Ring for helping to make local news happen in Stonington-Mystic!
Today in Stonington-Mystic:
- African Dance Class with Ashley Jones (7:30 PM)
Stonington-Mystic Patch Notebook
- Mystic Seaport Museum: “Did you know that October 4 is Ship in a Bottle Day? That’s right, & we couldn’t wait to celebrate with our little ship in a…light bulb? Check out this model from our collections, it’s so small it fits in a match box! Happy Ship in a B…” (Facebook)
- Stonington Historical Society: “”Mr. Turner with non-polluting mower.” This photograph is undated, but was most likely taken between 1897 and 1890. Found in the archives. #localhistory #stoningtonct #smallmuseums #community #oldphotos #lawnmower #yardwork #fall #neweng…” (Facebook)
- The Stonington Free Library: “”Doors open at 6pm As part of the One Book, One Region initiative of New London County, author Charles Yu will participate in a live event at the GARDE ARTS CENTER to discuss his work, “”Interior Chinatown””. CHARLES YU is the author of …” (Facebook)
- The Stonington Free Library: “Story Time with Mrs. Frey has a special guest reader this week! Our friends at United Way have a great story for you!” (Facebook)
- Old Mystic Fire Department (Official): “It’s fire prevention week! Keep your eyes out for fire safety posts throughout the week, and don’t forget our open house this Saturday from 11am – 3pm!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update! If you’re liking these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Anna Bybee-Schier
About me: Anna is a journalist who has spent the last decade reporting and editing local news for communities in Minnesota, Illinois and Connecticut. To contact Anna, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Stonington-Mystic Daily? You can contact me at email@example.com.