Tyson Fury has confirmed he plans to return to the boxing ring as he urged Derek Chisora to accept his offer of a trilogy fight after revealing Isaac Lowe as his new trainer.
Fury claimed in April that he was due to retire after a sixth-round knockout of Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium, but has repeatedly hinted that he was considering a U-turn.
Earlier this week, Fury’s co-promoter Frank Warren said the 33-year-old has “itchy feet” and “wants to fight”, while the WBC heavyweight champion pledged to face- se to the winner of the upcoming battle between Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua last month. .
However, Fury appears to have a third fight with Chisora, who he has beaten on two previous occasions, in his sights.
On Monday, Fury took to Instagram to reveal his offer to Chisora, declaring: “You’re running Derek from the trilogy. You call yourself ‘war’, you should be called ‘chicken’.”
The next day, Fury stood by longtime friend and fellow fighter Lowe in a second post, adding: “I’ve decided to get back into boxing because I can be the first heavyweight champion of the world the story to have two trilogies, one with Deontay Wilder, one with Derek Chisora.
“I always said I would fight Derek Chisora at the end of my career, and here we are, breaking all the records again, setting precedents.
“When I was with [former coach] SugarHill [Steward], Isaac has always been there. He knows me better than anyone on the planet and we’re a great team, we’re going to finish this together, and here we are, about to take on a massive event.”
Fury beat Chisora on points in 2011 before recording a dominant victory in their 2014 rematch in London, while the 38-year-old beat Kubrat Pulev in his last outing in July.